By Rachel Pratt
Are one or more of the children a picky eater?
Meal times have the potential to be very stressful occasions. Some children may display anxiety and unhealthy eating habits when they begin early childhood education, others may display behaviours at different times that you are wondering if these are normal, and what to say, do and change.
This article covers:
- The teachers/ carers role in providing for a range of children's food preferences and eating behaviours
- Expectations for children's eating in the preschool years and normal variation in habits and food interests
- Discussion about food anxiety and responding to concerns a parent may have for their child
- DIetary and value/cultural requirements
- Teaching strategies and approaches
- A summary of the main points to remember
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Or click on the blue button below to join